The Interfaith Works Rapid Rehousing Program provides supportive services to 60 formerly homeless men and women receiving temporary housing vouchers from Montgomery County Health and Human Services. The program is designed to help individuals to maintain housing in scattered sites across the county with the goal of increasing their income, achieving self-sufficiency, and attaining complete housing independence.
Aside from monetary donations, the Rapid Rehousing Program also accepts the following goods:
– Canned goods (fruits, tuna, beans, etc.)
– Cleaning supplies (bleach, Clorox wipes, mops, brooms, dish soap, nitrile gloves, laundry detergent, etc.)
– Dry goods (pasta, crackers, rice, cereal, etc.)
– Feminine Hygiene Products & Toiletries
*Please ensure that any donated mouthwash is alcohol free and that toiletries are travel-sized
– Jarred foods (peanut butter, jam, pickles, pasta sauces, etc.)
*Please ensure any sauce donations are not wine or vodka based and do not contain any alcohol.
– Linens & Blankets (towels, washcloths, dishcloths, etc.)
*Please note that any Linen & Blanket donations must be gently used or new
– Paper Goods (toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, etc.)
– Small Appliances (toaster, microwave, coffee maker, etc.)
– Socks & Underwear
*Please note that sock & underwear donations must be new.
– Water bottles
You can also ship your donation directly to the Interfaith Works Rapid Rehousing Program at this address:
Interfaith Works Rapid Rehousing Program
8106 Georgia Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20910