The Interfaith Works Clothing Center in Rockville provides low-income families with clothing and home goods free of charge, allowing them to use more of their resources on food, rent, utilities, medicine, and other basic needs.
PLEASE NOTE: The Center will be closed on Saturday, Sept. 4, due to the Labor Day holiday.
In response to the global public health crisis, Interfaith Works is pleased to announce the opening of The Interfaith Works Hub at Twinbrook, which provides food to families in need in the Twinbrook area. Check out the Interfaith Works Hub web page for more details
Interfaith Works is happy to announce the opening of the Interfaith Works Hub. The Hub serves as the primary receiving, inventory, and packaging center for delivering items to families and those in need in the Twinbrook Area.
In order to continue to maintain a safe experience for all of our customers and volunteers, all shopping or volunteer work will be by appointment only. More information about signing up to shop or volunteer is below, along with information about donating to the Interfaith Works Clothing Center.
- All shoppers have to wear masks to enter and have their temperature taken
- Appointment ONLY – 1 family member and No Children
Wednesday is still reserved for seniors and disabled shoppers
- Not All Items Are Reusable!
- IWCC accepts most lightly used clothing and home goods. If the items are clean, complete (all pieces/parts included and attached) and in good condition, they will probably be accepted. Items that are ripped, dirty, broken, inoperative, or missing pieces are NOT reusable. Please do not donate such items. It takes a village.
- Click here for a list of accepted items
- Bins available for a no-touch drop off
- Hours for donation drop off are:
- Tuesday – Thursday 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Saturday 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- All volunteers must wear masks to work and have their temperature taken
- All Volunteering is by appointment ONLY. New volunteers must complete orientation before they are eligible to volunteer at the Interfaith Works Clothing Center
Donating to the Clothing Center
- Gently used clothing
- Small Appliances
- Household items
- Miscellaneous Items
Items NOT Accepted
- Ice Skates, Roller Skates, Ski’s
- Electronics more than 5 years old
- Exercise Equipment
- Golf Clubs
Please bring all donations directly to the center during the donation hours listed above. Do not drop off donations in front of our center when it is closed. Those donations will not always go to the individuals and families who truly need them.
When entering the parking lot at 751 Twinbrook Pkwy., make an immediate left toward the upper level of the building. There will be parking spaces reserved for donors if you want to stop in. If you just want to drop off, drive down past the Center entrance to the loading dock. Look for signs directing you. Pull into the loading dock driveway and volunteers will unload your donations.
Reminder: We are grateful for our generous donors at the Interfaith Works Clothing Center. Our goal at the Clothing Center is to provide families and individuals in need with quality used clothing and home goods. We want to offer our clients a sense of pride and dignity by making good quality items available to them at no cost. If the items are clean, complete (all pieces/parts included and attached) and in good condition, we are happy to provide them to our clients. We cannot use items that do not meet these criteria. Unfortunately, we must spend our limited resources to dispose of unusable items. Thanks for considering our needs and our clients when you gather items to donate to us.
New customers: please bring a referral form from another Montgomery County social services agency. Or bring a picture ID, with a Montgomery County address (or a recent utility bill, or letter from a school or medical office that was sent to your name and Montgomery county address). Also, bring your WIC folder or award letter for food or medical assistance for yourself or your children.
Individual volunteers are always welcome. See our volunteer page. Volunteers are needed during the Donation Hours listed above.
The Interfaith Works Clothing Center needs volunteer groups to help us organize our merchandise!
Organize a collection drive with your club, congregation, or group. Keep the Interfaith Works Clothing Center informed of the date(s) and time(s) of the drive and delivery (or pickup if you have a large enough quantity). Please email email@example.com for information about drives and volunteering.