Interfaith Works Announces 2018 Board Officers and Directors
ROCKVILLE, Md. (August 20, 2018) – Interfaith Works, a nonprofit agency that helps people lift themselves out of poverty and homelessness through prevention, stabilization and empowerment programs, today announced its board of directors, effective July 2018.
“We are thrilled to have such a distinguished group of business and community leaders on our board who are deeply committed to the mission of Interfaith Works,” said Shane Rock, Interfaith Works CEO. “Their insights will be invaluable to the services we provide to thousands of individuals and families in Montgomery County.” The new board officers and directors include:
• Chair: Kay Newhouse is dedicated to creating healthy communities that integrate teaching, learning and play. As an educator, she has held teaching, administrative, marketing, consulting and board roles with such varied organizations as Rockville Community Nursery School, Norwood School, the National Science Teachers Association, and the National Association of Swing Dance Events.
• Secretary: Marilyn Ripin, PhD, is an Interfaith Works Vocational Services volunteer. She retired after a successful 35-year career during which she founded and sold a company that developed a detection system for biological agents, and worked as a branch chief and program manager at the U.S. Department of Energy and adjunct assistant professor at the University of Maryland.
• Treasurer: Charles “Chuck” Carr is an assurance partner and technology and life sciences practice leader for RSM LLP’s southeast region and Washington, DC metro area offices. For more than 30 years, Chuck has worked with companies in the technology, media, telecommunications, and life sciences industries on issues such as accounting, reporting and corporate governance.
• Immediate Past Chair: Mitchell Weintraub is the managing partner and one of the founders of Cordia Partners, a business advisory, outsourced accounting, and recruiting and staffing firm, headquartered in Northern Virginia, with offices in Montgomery County and Washington, DC.
“Interfaith Works would like to thank Mitch Weintraub for his leadership and continued support of the organization,” added Rock. Weintraub has been involved with Interfaith Works since 2000 and will continue to serve on the board of directors as immediate past chair and volunteer with Interfaith Works’ programs.
Interfaith Works also welcomed to its board of directors the following members: Mark Donnelly, community advocate; Agnes Leshner, psychologist and family therapist; Sabrina McGowan, owner of SQM Communications LLC; and Devang Shah, managing partner at Shah & Kishore.
These new members join eight other board members:
• Helen Blumen, MD
• Lauri Cleary, Litigation Practice Chair, Lerch, Early & Brewer
• Brad Colton, Strategic Projects, Global Procurement, Marriott International Inc.
• Cheryl Lee-Pow, DACBSP, Owner, Pow-HER Chiropractic
• Grace Oven-Rivera, GRO LLC
• Andrew Platou, Director, Cordia Partners
• Reverend Haywood Robinson, Pastor, The Peoples Community Baptist Church
• Jeanne Wolfson, Communications Strategy Director, Freddie Mac
About Interfaith Works
Interfaith Works, founded in 1972, is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency and a non-sectarian interfaith coalition of more than 165 affiliated congregations of diverse faiths, working together to meet the needs of the poor and homeless in Montgomery County, Md. Our trained staff members work with individuals and families in crisis to help equip them to lift themselves from poverty and homelessness through prevention, stabilization and empowerment programs.
Email or 301.315.1093