The Interfaith Clothing Center is always in need of clothing donations and volunteer groups to help us organize our merchandise!
The Interfaith Clothing Center (301.424.3796), 751 Twinbrook Parkway in Rockville, provides qualified, low-income families with clothing and home goods free of charge, allowing them to use more of their resources on food, rent, utilities, medicine, and other basic needs. The Welcome Baby Initiative at the ICC provides new and expectant mothers with baby items and the School Supplies Drive provides children in need with backpacks filled with school supplies each school year to regular center customers (registered with us).
CLIENT SHOPPING HOURS:
Tuesday – Friday: 9:30 am–12 pm & 1 pm-3:30 pm
Saturday: 9:30 am–1:30 pm *Wednesday shopping is reserved for disabled clients only.
DONATION & VOLUNTEER HOURS:
Tuesday – Friday: 9 am–4:30 pm
Saturday: 9 am–2pm
(CLOSED on Sundays and Mondays)
We welcome your donations of clothing and of your time. When making donations, please do not drop them off in front of our center when it is closed — those donations will not always go to the individuals and families who truly need them.
Organize a drive with your club, congregation, or group. Keep the Interfaith Clothing Center informed of the date(s) and time(s) of the drive and delivery (or pickup if you have a large enough quantity). Please call ICC with questions about volunteering, donations and drives: 301.424.3796.
HERE are the top needs at the Center right now:
- Disposable Diapers, sizes 3-6
- Baby Car Seats
- Booster Style Car Seats
- Bed Sheets
Please help new moms get off to a great start! We need the following layette items:
- newborn-sized diapers
- 0-3 month clothing
- “onesies” (0-3 month size)
- receiving blankets
- burp cloths
- diaper bags
Here are our guidelines: ICC accepts lightly used clothing and home goods. If the items are clean, complete (all pieces/parts included and attached) and in good condition, we are happy to provide them to our clients. We cannot use items that do not meet these criteria. Unfortunately, we must spend our limited resources to dispose of unusable items.
Thanks for considering our needs and our clients when you gather items to donate to us.
- School Supplies: Each year, we provide over 2,500 students with new backpacks filled with new school supplies so that they can start the year with hope and excitement. Teens from the community help operate this program and spend part of their summer organizing and managing this program. Make a donation to support the drive. Backpacks are available for families who are regular customers who are registered with the center.
- Welcome Baby: In addition, Interfaith Clothing Center provides over 200 expectant mothers each year with a full layette of new clothes, diapers, linens, and other new baby needs.
- Career Corner: A new Career Corner at the Interfaith Clothing Center connects clients to valuable resources. The Project INFORM Outreach Coordinator is onsite on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays to meet with clients.
Interfaith Works would not be where it is today without its tremendous volunteers, who organize clothing drives at their congregations, businesses and schools, sort clothes, help clients shop, fill backpacks for distribution or crochet blankets for the new layettes we give expectant mothers. Are you able to lend a hand? Learn how to get involved. Contact the Interfaith Clothing Center: 751 Twinbrook Parkway Rockville, MD 20851 301-424-3796